Sunday, July 19, 2009

Family Reunion 09 take 1

So family reunion 09 was spent camping in Little Cottonwood Canyon in Utah really close to Cami's house. Mom, Dad, all 5 children, 3 children-in-law, and 13 grandchildren made it for this unforgettable event. The first night there we set up camp and then enjoyed hanging out and talking while the kids ran wild together exploring the grounds and enjoying some serious cousin time. Karly gave a really nice family home evening lesson the first night which was followed up by a game of family jeopardy created by Larissa. My sisters are so clever and creative! Just wait till you see pics of the family Olympics. I was feeling a little apprehensive about my plans for an impromptu talent show after these extraordinary activities, but fortunately we got company on my assigned day and I got off scott free!
The girls on Karla's lap!
I'm pretty sure we had 25 chairs for 23 people up here!
Our first adventure out of our campsite was up less than half a mile to this beautiful water fall. There were many creeks and falls making this a beautiful site!
These girls were like the 3 musketeers the whole trip. All three of them are the only girls in their families so it was wonderful for them to get some female time!
This little creek was right in our camp site. I spent a significant amount of time trying to keep Xiana out of it. She never met a body of water that she couldn't jump right in to!
The next morning we woke up and Cami found a hike that started with a brief 2 mile round trip, but could be extended into a 7 miler. So.... we ALL headed up the mountain. One hour later we stopped for lunch roughly 7/10's of a mile up the mountain. The kids and the adults supervising the kids decided this was an appropriate place to head back. Cami spearheaded the extended hike so Garrett, myself, and Dad followed her up. Thank goodness that Dad was with us because he had to stop often enough that I never got too tired. Poor Cami would run up a half a mile and then wait for us for 15 minutes. This continued the entire way up the mountain.


At the top we discovered this.......
I really wanted to jump in, but this water makes Lake Tahoe feel like a hot springs! It was beautiful and peaceful up here and I was so happy to have stuck it out to the top. On the way down I stuck with Cami and Garrett stuck with dad. Cory came to pick us up at the trail head and got so tired of waiting he started up the mountain. Cami had enough time to drive me back to camp and then head back to pick up the men by the time Cory found them on the mountain. It was a wonderful hike and I wasn't even sore the next day like I had imagined I would be! After we got back to camp we ate and then...

No comments:

Post a Comment