Sunday, July 19, 2009

4th of July!!!

This 4th was spent at my sister, Cami's house In Utah where we went on a short hike (in her backyard mind you) in beautiful terrain. Then she bbq-ed a delicious meal which was followed up by heading out to the Provo fireworks where we saw approximately 7 minutes of explosions followed by 90 minutes of traffic.....can't say it was altogether a fair trade, but it was fun nevertheless and Xiana loved the show. The whole time I was there I was reminded of what a beautiful state Utah is (I lived there for 5 yrs once) and also what a unique state it is. After living in Vegas for the last 4 yrs I was shocked to find miniature golf, bounce houses, and water slides on every corner. Also, the grocery stores have the cool carts with cars and steering wheels and the workers are kind to your children rather than seeming annoyed. Xiana even got a balloon just for being a kid in a store. Utah is such a kid friendly place, but it is also such a strange place.... I forget that. At any rate, it was so kind of Cami to let us barge into her home and take over both before and after the family reunion that she did all the planning for! Thanks Cami!
Xiana loved jumping on their trampoline so much it made me want one....where to put it???? After we got home from this trip she was jumping on grandma and grandpa's bed when she reassured me that it was not a bed after all, it was a "tampoline."
Xiana and Jared got in this car independent of any adult help or supervision. They are little escape artists out for a joy ride!
The top of our short hike. I wish I would have included pics of the scenery because this trail was truly beautiful. Cami actually goes running on this mountain regularly...how wonderful! Well, everything except the running part!






No comments:

Post a Comment