Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm back!

I just looked at my last post and discovered it has been *gasp* more than a month since my last post. However, in my defense I have been privy to the most life changing moments in any person's or peoples' or however you say its lives. Not only did I get married (super duper life changing... will blog about that when I have more than a mere 20 min to dedicate to the spectacular-ness of it all), but I also bought a house... a fixer upper.... which requires lots of fixing... So I have been MIA in all meanings of the words. Still, the truth is that despite all my busyness and new life and the end of the semester, and MOVING... into a (did I mention this already?) fixer upper, I would have made sacrifices to blog had I just had this tiny little thing called Internet. Alas, my long lost friend and I are reunited and now we must dig ourselves out of the proverbial cyber hole together. I can't wait to post pics of my wedding.... a month ago wedding that is, and to post pics of the major MAJOR transformations of our new home, and to catch up on the goings on in our lives as a FAMILY, a genuine family. But all that must wait. Tonight, I am simply going to relish the fact that blogosphere is once again at my fingertips, let you all know that I have returned and I will not abandon you again for a long long time, and tell you all that the semester is over and it was extraordinarily rewarding. I did a new assignment where I had my students revise two papers and then present to the class about their journey as writers over the course of the semester. It was moving to see (and let them see) the changes that occurred. While I can't hold myself single-handedly responsible, I can say that their remarks were very complimentary and at times, down right cheezy. Kudos to them and dare I say it? Kudos to me. If I can plan a wedding, get married, buy a house, and teach composition with relatively few melt downs (and typically minor ones) then bring. it. on!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're back!! :) Coming next month- are you around??

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I can't wait to hear about the wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete