Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I usually call my bum butt

This is the ongoing argument in the Frey, er um, I mean Andersen household. Xiana has taken to saying butt instead of bum, but that isn't all. She insists on stating that she usually calls it butt repeatedly throughout the day just to see how many differing reactions she can get. Still, she is potty trained so I guess I can't expect her to use little girl words forever :) She has also recently taken to removing her potty seat from the toilet before she uses it because, as she assures me, "I'm older."--another reoccurring statement in our household. In our new house, she has a castle bed and she no longer wears pull ups to sleep. She has made it three weeks with no accidents. I think it's safe to say she is potty trained. It's really nice because I no longer have to remind her or anything... she just does her thing. She is very inventive and I often overhear her saying some of the funniest things. The other day while driving to my parents house in 30 degree weather with hundred mile per hour winds she said, " I see the sun. We better go to Lake Tahoe!"

I know it's completely out of my character to have been feeling guilty or worried about her with this transition *wink wink* but I was. Now, I find that I didn't need to obsess or be so concerned. We have become a little family quite seamlessly. I do, however, feel utterly guilty for relying on the princess and the frog to be my babysitter whilst I paint every inch of our new home. And yes, I am going to write about my wedding... but today I just want to say that we set up our trampoline and I have never seen a happier girl than Xiana jumping on it with her cousin Kylee. It was.... perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment