Monday, March 29, 2010

Pump it up!

Brian's niece (my niece in 2 1/2 weeks) celebrated her birthday at Pump it up. I can't decide whether the kids or the adults had more fun... it's close! It was a wonderful place to celebrate. Ella even got her own crown and throne (although I will say we could have done without the micro manager-wanna-be-party-planner who was literally taking presents out of her hands in an effort to speed things up). We had a fantastic time! Oh, and so did the kids!
I know I've mentioned it before, but I am so grateful that Xiana now has cousins her age close by. Kylee (left) is here almost every weekend and she is Xiana's best friend these days. Haylee (right) is just a hop skip and a jump away. When they first met they did the typical play next to each other, not with each other toddler thing, but these days they have become fast friends. The whole lot of them play well together.
In each room there is an obstacle course with two sides so that you can race. Everybody ended up with rugburn or some other injury before the day was over. Brian and his brothers raced hard. I attempted to beat Brian a few times, but he cheats. (actually he beat me fair and square all but once when I was climbing up the ladder and he pulled my feet dropping me to the ground... and not catching me! :)
This particular bout Eric crushed Brian.
Here are all... or at least most of the kids.
I really tried to get a focused shot of Brian going down the slide. I made him go over and over again, but this is the best I got. I guess it's because he is just too speedy for my camera.
Here's Ekco heading down like a water slide. She must have had fun because I scarcely saw her the entire day... she was running around with her cousins and friends.
It's amazing that the littlest kids (ie Xiana) can make it up and down these slides all by themselves.
This is the bounce house with basketball hoops. In the past when I've come to places like these, this house has been a popular spot, but nobody seemed very interested in it so Xiana and I had it all to ourselves for a while.
This is the first obstacle course. During the instructional video I ran out to my car to get my camera. When I got back Brian informed me that I needed to take my ring off. I thought he was crazy because it was not going anywhere. Then... I lost my watch in this obstacle course. After they cleared the room we searched for it and fortunately found it... right where Xiana's feet are in this picture. When we went in the next room Brian made me take ALL my jewelry off and give it to his mom for safe keeping.
Inside one of the courses... these places are really imaginative.
Ecko joined us in the basketball house for a bit which was a lot of fun.
One quick snap shot of the two of us... before we were dripping sweat and blood.
In case the vast amounts of entertainment weren't enough, they also had balls, carts, and little gym pads to play on.
It was also really nice to have Ali here. It was her spring break. I know all her nieces and nephews adore her. She is really a lot of fun!
The birthday girl! Ella is such a sweet easy-going kid. I think she had a wonderful birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment