Monday, March 29, 2010

Bridal Shower

My dear friend Alicia threw me a bridal shower complete with bridal shower games. It was really a lot of fun. I dare say people who detest these hokie games enjoyed themselves. This was particularly clever: each group was given toilet paper and a time limit and they had to come up with wedding dresses. I'm so glad I was selected to be dressed because I would never have thought of ANY of these creative ideas!


My mother-in-law and sister-in-law... we hid in the other room so nobody could copy us!



And the lucky winner is..... I think that it should have been me by default, but alas...
Seriously... we were equipped with accessories too!
The finished products!
I was spoiled with kind gifts, delicious food, and excellent company! Meanwhile Brian went out to the shooting range with his brothers, friends, and my dad... They enjoyed themselves almost as much as me!

While it is exciting to be moving into a new ward, it is also sad to leave the old. I am so thankful that I have established relationships with the wonderful ladies in the Wingfield Hills ward. I plan on keeping them! Our play groups, girls nights, and phone conversations are irreplaceable. Although, I will say that I am thrilled to be attending church with Brian... as a family. It is beautiful! Xiana asked me, "does Kylee have a mommy with her daddy?" I explained to her that they don't live together and she said, "my mommy and daddy are gonna live together with me." It still melts my heart.


Thank you to all who attended and contributed to this shower. It really means a lot to me. (especially Dawnette and Debbie who drove 3 hours here and then 3 hours back.... it was very thoughtful!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment