Tuesday, February 23, 2010

That my shootgun?

So, shooting is fun! I'm just saying. I really do enjoy it. This past trip to Battle Mountain I got to shoot this rifle instead of the shot guns I have been privy to pull the triggers on in the past and I must say, I quite like it. It's smaller and it has a scope (which if you ask me is the best part). It enables me to actually hit the targets I'm shooting at.
There are a lot of old remains out in these hills. Soon I will have an entire photo album of the girls standing in front of broken down buildings.
Yes, it is the desert... but isn't it beautiful?!

I don't know what they're talking about here, but I think the picture is absolutely poetic.
And apparently the apple doesn't fall far from the tree because when Brian got Ekco's new pink pellet gun out for her to shoot Xiana squealed, "that my shoot gun!" When we explained that it was Ekco's but that she could shoot it she asked, "where my shoot gun?" I assured her that I was sure she would be getting one way sooner than she should be with Brian as a daddy. That pacified her.
Ecko is a chip off the old block. She is a great shot! Plus I really think she enjoyed having her own gun to shoot with.
This is what Xiana did most of the time: pick up hands full of dirt and pour it over the sage brush. When I asked her what she was doing she alternated between, "I making" and "I planting a garden." Perfectly enjoyable to her! Brian says she needs a sand box... I said she needs a pool. I really think she needs both!
And, like we promised, she did get the chance to shoot a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment