Monday, September 7, 2009

The Curtain Falls

The curtain officially fell on Scene:Summer, Act: 2009 this week, and it was a sad day in paradise. Actually, to be fair, I managed to go back to work and then make it to the lake, Wild Waters, the fountains, and loads of parks after the fact....so I guess I sufficiently indulged. Still, it was very bittersweet to go to Tahoe for what I knew would be the last time this summer. I am soooo thankful to be here and to be able to take advantage of, what I consider, the most beautiful place on earth.
All summer I have wanted to get a photo of Xiana out in the middle of the lake by herself, and I finally did....kind of :)
This was what I thought would be our last Wild Waters trip, but we ended up making it two more times. Although our final trip was so freezing cold that we lasted all of 20 minutes before a purple Xiana begged to go home.
Xiana discovered the delicious-ness that is cotton candy this summer and is enthusiastically burying her face in it!
Xiana got so excited when I pulled out his dress for her to wear and has dubbed it her "princess dress." Lately she's been telling me every day that she wants to wear a dress. She is a girl after my own heart. She is going to be sad like her mother not to enjoy the great sunshiny outdoors with swim gear for some months, but I'm pretty sure we will find something to do with our time :)

1 comment:

  1. You know, if you still lived here... you'd have a good two more months of water-ness.

    But I get it.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete