Friday, August 28, 2009

Beautiful

Week one down and I LOVE MY JOB! I love it! I love being in a classroom and listening to discussions of topics with such a vast array of view points. I love the air of excitement and apprehension that accompanies the first day of school. I love the convergence of the outgoing personalities and the timid observant minds. I love the new friendships forged, the creation of enemies, lovers, future ex-lovers instantaneously set into motion in the air.... the palpable air. There is nothing more exciting than overhearing discussions about various issues and texts.... hearing students' perspectives and insights. I love those first introductions where students are so eager...vulnerable...willing to open up their experiences to the scrutinizing eyes of others. I think it is beautiful...moving...breathtaking. If I get to spend the rest of my life on a college campus, I will be completely fulfilled (career wise I'm talking people). I love it. It is remarkable to find so many individuals with experiences unique to only themselves and watch as they discover that they are so different, and yet, utterly the same. Because even though our experiences are different, our hearts and minds are not, if only in their similar complexities that make them so very different. It is so powerful, so poignant, so beautiful!

1 comment: