Sunday, July 31, 2016

Boise

I can't believe that it took me this long to post about my awesome trip to Boise! Larissa and I had the privilege of speaking at Ashlee Birk's A Reason To Stand conference in Boise.  The lovely Jamee volunteered to chauffeur me there.  It was amazing!!!  Kalyn rode along too and the trip there, the conversation, the silliness, the love, was epic. Once there, I learned so much and felt like Larissa and I did a wonderful job speaking (despite selling only a few books).  Our first night, Larissa and I were welcomed to stay at Hannah's wonderful ranch style home where her sweet girls left us a little chalk board message.  Then, we went to dinner at Zupas, my favorite! Where Cambridge, Morgan,  Beth, Natalie, Janet, and Mitzi met the five of us for a humbling and motivating time.  I was so honored that so many of my friends came all the way to support me and share their love with me.  After the conference, we had a laughter filled dinner at Fish Bone and then headed to Ola!!!  I have aspired to be a professional speaker for much of my life. This experience was incredible, and it was also eye opening. Afterwards, I realized that my profession really is being a public speaker.  But in my classroom, it's more intimate, I know my audience, and I get to see them progress. It turns out I already have my dream job.










No comments:

Post a Comment