Saturday, December 27, 2014

Pumpkin Patch... the life of October take 1.....

The Pumpkin Patch gets better every year!  The Andelins make this such a wonderful, family oriented activity!  Xiana's class went on a field trip there again (like last year). With Xiana in school all day, we made sure to come on Saturdays too.  During the week, Kolton was my partner in crime.  We met up with his friends, my friends, and let lawlessness take over.  He ran free all 15 times we went... loving every minute.  His favorite thing this year was dress up. It always surprises me how much my little boy loves to play dress up.  I never imagined that toddlerhood for boys would entail copious amounts of super hero costumes.  That kid will be spiderman and captain America all day long if you let him! So many of my friends this season have their babies in full time school (first grade). I know the clock is ticking... I know it won't be long until I, too, have no more babies at home.  It gives me a little anxiety to imagine, but I'm so grateful for these years, this time, right now, and the beautiful escape we have to the farm that forces me to really see my kids. To watch and slow down, and not grade papers or get on my phone or computer, just be.  It's marvelous really... simply truly marvelous.

























No comments:

Post a Comment