Thursday, December 25, 2014

Joy

I am doing a co-op joy school with Kolton this year. It is going exceptionally well.  Despite the fact that Kolton "just wants to play with the toys and not do any of the other stuff," he's thriving.He's such a silly little sensitive boy.

  • he is so gentle with Argenta and laughs with her all the day long.  
  • He is so imaginative playing with his legos for hours building and playing. It is one of the best parts of my day overhearing his role playing with his little guys and their rockets and space ships and trucks and cars and bull dozers.  
  • He crawls into my bed every morning and snuggles me... who would have thought such a stiff baby would be such a cuddly toddler? One weekend morning he told Brian, "your bref (breath) stinks!" Brian said, "oh yeah, what does it smell like?" " wike a skunk!"
  • He might be moderately jealous of the attention Argenta gets.  One day after multiple people approached us asking how old she is and commenting on how cute she is, he said, "hey, they're supposed to ask me how old I am and I will say 'three' and they will say, 'oh your so cute!'"
  • He knows all his shapes, colors, numbers, and alphabet.  I also just discovered that he can identify numbers in print....seriously genius.
  • Our favorite color for him to say is purple (poop hole).
  • He was having a hard time with blends like snake and one day, he just got them. The crazy thing was that he was so self aware.  He congratulated himself and applauded his new found ability telling us that the words that were hard for him he could say now. he proceeded to run through a gamete of newly articulated words.  Like I said, genius.
  • Like little boys do, I have to remind him to keep his hands out of his pants.  One time he appeared to be ignoring me.  I insisted, "get your hands out of your pants!" He angrily said, "my willy is stuck to my balls!" Boy problems :)
  • I love this rambunctious, feisty, active, imaginative loving little boy so much. I'm grateful to have him as a sidekick for a few more years.




No comments:

Post a Comment