Friday, January 3, 2014

The Nutcracker

Last year mom promised the Nutcracker to Xiana.  This year, she made good on her promise and even let me join them.  It was wonderful.  I think we've started a new tradition.  We went to the one at the Pioneer theater because they have the Reno philharmonic for the music.  Xiana was very impressed both by the dancing and by the magic pit of musical instruments. I splurged and bought her a glitter wand that was literally a piece of paper covered in glue and glitter for $8.00.  I think mainly because I always thought dad would be with us, and he certainly would have bought her the wand.  It was a special day.  Even though dad's absence, as usual, was felt. He loved the Nutcracker.  Still, we went to lunch and had a special girl's day.  I'd like to try out the other Nutcrackers here in town too, but it would be hard for me to give up the spectacular music at the theater.




No comments:

Post a Comment