Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas Preview

One of my friends took pictures for us and many other friends for free!  It was so nice, and I' love the way these little shots came out.  Also, we were in and out in like 2 minutes!  It's hard to believe that these little kids won't always be little.

We celebrated Christmas with my mom a bit early because she was heading to Utah and we were heading to Battle Mountain.  She got Xiana this light up lego set that only took me 8 hours to put together :) She got Kolton his own lego set too which he's been proudly playing with since.
Xiana got to have a special part in the choir's Christmas program where she memorized and recited Luke 2 verses 8-12.  She did a spectacular job with her sharp memory. It was darling to see her march up there and tell the story of Jesus' birth.  When we got home, we let them each open another present, mainly because we didn't want to bring the 4-wheeler with us to Battle Mountain. Kolton LOVES it. He rides it all around the house to do anything he needs, including getting his toothbrush.  It's hilarious.  Xiana opened 2500 rubber bands for her loom.  We need to work on learning different types of bracelets.

Kolton was pretty tuckered out....



Then, to our great surprise, Santa Clause showed up at our house!!!  At first, Xiana was a little skeptical saying, "Isn't that Dylan's dad?" I said it didn't look like him to me which comforted her.  Then, I think she was worried that she wasn't getting a tablet because he brought her a paper doll set and Kolton a motorcycle.  I explained this was his pre-Christmas gift which must mean she was a really good girl.  Kolton was stinking darling. He ran to the door saying, "scuse me Santa, I want a helicopter, and a batmobile airplane."  Then, as soon as he got his gift he said, "scuse me Santa, you pwease open this foy me?" It was so thoughtful of Craig Mooney to think of us.  Kolton adores him and spends most of Sacrament on his lap (which makes it so much more enjoyable for me).






No comments:

Post a Comment