Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hanging

This little squirt continues to stand on everything!  He can let go in between couches and chairs illustrating that if he wanted, he could probably take off and walk.  Still, he's only 8 months!  He loves to copy cat any noise we make, particularly clicks of the tongue.  He babbles and says, "mama, and dada" since December.  He gives kisses freely and often...snotty, wet kisses.  We love them! He loves to pinch me and pull my hair and thinks any form of discipline is hilarious.  If I yell at him and slap his hand it sends him into a 15 minute giggle fit.  Really, he's kind of a monster, but he's so good and so sweet.  He isn't mean spirited, he simply thinks it's a game.  Even if I pinch him back he thinks it's hysterical.  He's still a little guy, but not in comparison of his big sis.  He already dominates her in some ways.  If she has a plate of food she simply cannot keep it from him. He will cheerfully take it right out of her hands, much to her dismay.  He loves to go up the stairs and so far has only fallen down them once.  He gets approximately 5 bruises on his head per day... sometimes he doesn't even make a sound so I have no idea where they came from.  He has figured out that if there is only one stair he can lay on his belly, inch forward until his hands reach the ground, and alligator crawl off of it.  He does this frequently.  He shakes his head no while giggling at just about everything.  He especially loves to shake his head no when you say yes. He jumps on everything, but doesn't love being contained in his jumper anymore.  Brian says that he loves his tenderness at this stage, "because it will disappear" :)  He also wants to remember his hugs and kisses.  I think they're here to stay, but we will see.  He is all boy, but he does have a soft side, much like his daddy.  He reminds me of Brian in so many ways it's sometimes spooky. 
As promised, these are the marvelous 4-foot dolls that Xiana was so kind as to let me color 2 complete outfits.  I may or may not have had more fun doing so than her... Still, she loves to play with them! 
She has become a master of memorizing figures of speech.  Sometimes her application is a little off, and sometimes it's exactly as she heard, but inappropriate for a 4-year -old.  For example, there is a picture of Kolton on Brian's phone where his eyes are half closed.  She proudly declared, "look at the stoned baby."  She also informed grandma that Kolton was "screaming bloody murder at home."  After cleaning her room she told me, "I know why I had to clean my room.  So my friends won't think we live in a pig hole." One morning she told Grandma, "I didn't sleep on little wink last night." She also told us that her friend is a "scare wart" dubbed from the phrase "worry wart."  While watching tv she told me, "doesn't that little boy look so like Mitchell?"  I swear this girl.  She's funny.
He's a big boy.
He no longer lets us feed him.  He must feed himself.  If we dare try, he takes the bite out of his mouth and puts it back in himself.
And like sissy, he must have his own bowl of cereal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment