Thursday, May 5, 2011

Chocolate fountains and Easter eggs

The night before Easter we had my parents, Brian's parents, Mark and Tosh, Kevin, Cambridge, and all the kids over for dinner. Fortunately there was enough food left over from Ali's shower so we didn't even have to cook. We ate, visited, hung out, and dyed Easter eggs.
It took a little while for the colors to dissolve because I may have misread the directions...
But the kids had fun and the 5 dozen eggs looked great.
I was busy getting chocolate fountain together so, for the first year, I didn't dye a single egg... I'm a tad disappointed ;)
The kids were very cute and they did an excellent job.
There was only one minor orange dye mishap and... it was on the tile so it's all good.
What a production! I guess this is what it's like to have 6 kids....I don't know how they did it!
But the smiles were worth the mess.
We finished the night by setting up the chocolate fountain in Ekco's honor. She had been thrilled about it for my shower, but it didn't work out so I promised we would do it another time. All the kids loved it...
Including Ekco... But none so much as the two biggest kids at the party...
Our dads. I should have gotten a picture but both my and Brian's dads were like two little kids in a candy store. My dad was up all night long repeatedly stating that it wasn't his fault he had never had unlimited access to chocolate before :)

No comments:

Post a Comment