Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Old Project, meet new project... one room at a time.

Hello my dear sweet old friend blog, meet my new redonkulous project.... our house. Suffice it to say there were roughly 600 holes in every wall in this room, Xiana's room. It was really important to me that Xiana's room be ready when she moved in because there was already so much change in her world that I wanted her to feel secure. This is what it looked like initially. The pictures don't reveal the millions of holes and pounds of dirt. It took me an hour just to clean the windowsill. But.... it is worth it!
She is so proud of her castle bed. This was a big selling factor for her with the new house. Still when anybody comes over the first thing she asks is, "you wanna see my castle bed?" I looked all over for a Princess and Frog comforter to match her poster...the colors of the walls match both Tinkerbell and Princess and Frog!
This is my old doll collection that I forgot existed after 17 years in my parent's garage. It is so fun to bring it out and put it in Xiana's room. So far she has been really good to look and not touch.
Remember my post a long time ago about how I got suckered into buying a million pics of Xiana? Well, I finally found a place for them! I got 8 5x7 frames at IKEA for 6 bucks and then duck taped them together.... cool huh?
Tinkerbell and her name.
I put her castle kitchen in her room, but the rest of the toys are in one of two toy rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment