Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ekco's room

When I first started painting this house, there were two bedrooms in the back of the downstairs that I had no intentions of painting any time soon. As a result I never took the before pics. Then, Ekco picked the colors she wanted her room painted and I went ahead and got them and painted it. It is unfortunate that you are going to have to attempt to picture something rather odd that I know my words cannot do justice to. At any rate, this particular wall had a red and black logo about as wide as the butterflies painted on the wall. There were more holes in these walls than any others. Brian had to re texture many spots in other rooms. This room he completely re textured. Additionally, this was the kiln/ workshop / dog room so it was the DIRTIEST! Now, however, it is sunshiny and beautiful. When Ekco requested yellow and hot pink, I'm not gonna lie, I was extraordinarily skeptical. Then I painted it. And it is so happy. I absolutely love this room. She has not seen it yet, but she's coming for part of the summer this weekend and I think she is going to be thrilled.
There is an entrainment center in here and I don't want to make a habit of having tvs in kid's rooms, but her room doubles as a toy room so it is nice to be able to turn on a movie for the kids in here. Plus, she loves movies so I think this will be a bonus in her eyes.
Because yellow has always been my favorite color, I already had frames and shelves that match perfectly!

I tried to find the wooden letters that I used in Xiana's room for Ekco's name, but I couldn't find them so I bought these instead and they are glitterific... and they were only 2 bucks a piece and came already painted.
I love these colors. Who would have thunk it? When I told Ecko that I was concerned that the colors might be garish she asked what that meant and I explained. Xiana interjected, "no, that's my uncle Garrett."

No comments:

Post a Comment