Monday, May 11, 2009

I see it fountain!

I keep a fairly extensive journal for Xiana and I at one point had high hopes of documenting every word she ever said. Alas, she is only 19 months and I have already discovered the futility of the endeavor. He language is exploding at such a rapid pace, it is impossible. Still, she is starting to create sentences which is great fun for me to listen. Today, when we were heading to the water fountains at Town Square she said, "I see it fountain!" Later she told me, "I wet" and before we left I asked her is she wanted to wear her clothes or her swimsuit and she emphatically said, "suit." I find such delight in each and every word she learns, says, or makes her own. She has discovered a new love in the fountains. The first time I took her she would not get out of my arms. Then, when my mom and dad were in town this weekend we ate at Town Square and went to the park where she fearlessly and fully dressed ran screaming through the fountains for over an hour. My mom and dad got such a kick out of watching her and after we left my mom said, "I will always remember watching her in those fountains today." Naturally, I think that everything Xiana does is amazing, but it is nice to hear it from others sometimes :) Despite getting blasted in the face several times, she chased the kids and squealed with delight.





No comments:

Post a Comment