Sunday, January 25, 2015

Elfy

We decorated cookies at mom's the night of the devotional, and then again a few more times at our house.  We certainly had our share of cookies over the holidays.  Also, the kids begged for an elf on the shelf a couple years ago. Seeing the $40 price tag was enough to persuade me never to own an elf on the shelf.  Fortunately, mom had made some elves as decoration years back, and Xiana adopted one and named him Elfy. He certainly was mischievous, but he didn't do naughty things the way some of his friends do. Instead, he surprised the kids with his kindnesses and crazy hanging spots... sometimes literally.  I will admit, I dropped the Efly ball early... it's a good thing Brian got a kick out of it. The kids were thrilled.  Every morning they found him in some crazy spot, they'd run up the stairs still laughing and jump in bed with me to tell me all about it. I felt sad that Brian only got to hear the aftermath of their excitement. It was charming!





No comments:

Post a Comment