Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pumpkin Patch Preview

Yes, it's that time of year again.  The time of year where my house slides, my school work takes a back burner, and I spend every second of spare time across the street at the Andelin Family Farm.  It's wonderful!  We get a season pass every year.  The Andelins are so wonderful and incredibly generous.  Their staff is ridiculously helpful, and I usually manage to run into everyone I know there throughout the month of October.  This year, specifically for this little boy above, Natalie included unlimited hay rides with the pass.  It was so nice of her because Kolton is pretty sure his job is to ring the bell and run for the hay every time the tractor turns on.  They also did a massive corn maze that was enjoyed by the whole family.  It gets cuter every year, although I could do without the recent addition of the duck pond (Kolton wanted to swim some days).  Xiana and her friends hunkered down in the spider web for hours each visit. Kolton fed every animal every time he entered.  And, we got a ton of pumpkins including the giant that I won opening day by guessing closest to the weight.  I'm truly grateful for the opportunity my children have to participate in the lovely event every year.  I know that it broadens their horizons and teaches them things that staying home could never offer. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment