Monday, November 18, 2013

Fancy

Sometimes I can hardly stand how cute this little man is! He's entered the stage of everything he says is hilarious right at the same time that Xiana is growing out of that stage. She's so precise and perceptive, I hardly hear any out of whack expressions come from her mouth these days.  I haven't been as good to document Koltonisms, but here are a few from the last month or so:
  • When we drop Xiana off at school in the morning he tells her, "give me a kiss or else I will freak out!"
  • At the pumpkin patch he was riding a horse, waving his hands frantically yelling, "yeehaa, I a cowboy! yeehaw! I a cowboy and I say it out loud!"
  • One day Brian was rushing him to get his shoes on so they could leave and he said, "mommy says I just a wittle boy and sometimes I take a wong (long) time to put my shoes on."
  • We are a bit evil and took the kids to a really scary corn maze.  It was hilarious.  Every time a monster would jump out he would first yell, then he'd get a closer look at them and let out a blood curdling scream.  About the fifth monster that jumped out at us, the guy started laughing so hard.  He said, "I'm sorry, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard." Then he gave Kolton a high five. On the way home that night Kolton said, "that scary monster, the white bear, him jump out at me and I say ahhhhh.  Then him give me a high five.  And he actually not a scary monster at all. He a nice man." To hear him retell the story now is equally hysterical.
  • He told me about how another time he got scared and he said, "I hear a boom and I like, what that noise?"
  • He sings his alphabet so well, especially for a two-year old! And, he can count to 20 all my himself.  Actually, his language is remarkable.  People comment on it everywhere we go!
  • One of his favorite things right now is to say, "I wuv you mommy." Then I say, "I love you too." and he says, "Yeah, and we bof wuv each udder."
  • While driving past a house that had a grim reaper blow up character he said, "that scary monster like, "hiiiiii, I a scary monster and I say hi and I a bad bad boy!"
  • Brian was singing Queen, "I'm just a poor boy nobody loves me." Kolton, right on cue sung back, "I love you daddy!"
  • He got in trouble the other day, well, every day really, but I sent him to his room.  A few minutes later he came out and said, "now I have no family." "What?" I asked, "now I have no family," he repeated.  I laughed, but still angry explained to him that he always had a family even when he got in trouble.  Then I got on my soapbox of how lucky he was because I could be mean and beat him, or not have a home for him, or not make food or not read or not care about his safety and on and on to which he replied, "yeah, and you lucky mommy!"
  • He told me the other day, "I wike you mommy." I said, "I like you too Kolton, even though sometimes you make me mad." He said, "yeah, and sometimes you make me really really mad!"
  • He's a clever little handful.  He loves to have his back rubbed and tickled.  He loves to play with and torment his sister.  He's a tv addict who must be monitored at all times. I think he might aspire to be a farmer after all his hard work at the pumpkin patch this year.  He thought it was his job to feed all the animals every time we went.  He's a sweet little precocious boy who is such a wonderful little handful. He's stubborn and smart, and we love him!




No comments:

Post a Comment