Monday, December 3, 2012

My birthday

The day before my birthday I hung with the littles.  Kolton loved him some baby.  After I got off work that night, I met them over at grandma and grandpa's house where my mom made crab cakes, rolls, and cheesecake.  It was awesome!  Then, on the day of my birthday, a friend watched my kids for me while I went to lunch with Kacie.  That night, Brian took me to sushi and bowling... my two favorites!  It was a lovely day all around.  For my gift, I got a new piece of jewelry (post coming soon on that).  I feel so loved and spoiled, just as every person should on their birthday.  Happy Birthday to me!  As I sat and thought of birthdays past, I realized just how blessed I am.  My mom hosted birthday parties in my childhood with real gingerbread houses, scavenger hunts, treasure hunts, elaborate games and goodies.  She made a special childhood for us.  Then I though of my first birthday after Xiana was born.  That takes the cake for being the most unusual birthday. It's hard to believe how strange it was to celebrate a birthday with a one month old baby.  Life sure is different now.  I am one lucky birthday girl!






No comments:

Post a Comment