Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas!

Christmas morning I had been up with the flu all night.  Thankfully, I was spared a long drawn out process.  Xiana was pretty listless still, but Brian assured me she needed to eat and drink.  I was doubtful, but he was right.  As soon as she ate a banana and drank some soda, she perked right up.  Kolton acted fine, but he had approximately 10 dirty diapers before 8:00 am so I was tired, and worried.  And yet, Christmas went off without a hitch.  Everybody got completely and utterly spoiled rotten. Kolton had enough attention span to open most of his gifts, Xiana got everything she asked for, and Ekco got a surprise new keyboard so she could learn to play the piano.  My big surprise was a new shotgun which I promptly took out to use.  Ali made beautiful scarves for all the girls.  It was a triumphant day.  Everyone ate scones, felt better, and relished in the Christmas aftermath coma.  I'm so thankful to be so blessed. 

I couldn't help but think on Christmas and on the days following what a superior experience it was to deal with sick and whiny kids on Christmas in comparison to the poor parents whose children were not there for Christmas in Connecticut.  I couldn't help but think of how painful it must be to look at the presents under the tree for your sweet 7-year-olds who were no longer in this life.  What do you do with the gifts?  I can't imagine the grief as they returned those prizes, broken hearted and empty.  This Christmas wasn't perfect, but Christ is.  Because of His birth, all of those little victims are saved.  Becuase of the very reason we celebrate this season, those hearts will be healed, sorrows reclaimed, and life reinstated.  I am very grateful.
















No comments:

Post a Comment