Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Santa!!!

One morning as we were getting dressed for the day I told Xiana, "Let's go to the library and get some new books." She assured me that it sounded great.... right after Dora. I logged onto my facebook and saw that Kate had posted an invite to the very library we were heading to.... to meet Santa. I told Xiana that we should leave and she reiterated her "after Dora" plea. "Okay," I said, "but Santa's gonna be there." She whipped off the couch, grabbed her shoes, and was out the door in no time. It was pretty cute with a Christmas craft and story time.
Last year she was still afraid of Santa... this year she was brave (although on Christmas Eve she was pretty sure it was a much better idea if Santa left her gifts on the back porch rather than actually entering the house). She asked Santa for a dolly which was pretty funny since I have yet to hear the same request. When I asked her about it she made it clear that a Barbie was also a dolly so she had, in fact, asked for one.
Santa was very nice.
They started the adventure with story time and she loved the books. When Santa came in the room he quickly excited so that the kids could form a line to sit on his lap. It's a good thing the place isn't too big because Xiana lost me in 5 seconds flat. I think she was sixth in line which is no small feat when you're two feet tall. She was eager and fearless. I'm glad we found out about it because we missed our ward party this year leaving this one encounter her sole opportunity to tell Santa what she wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment