Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas dress

Xiana had something of a melt down when we went to pick out her Christmas dress. She was adamant that she wanted the purple one. I was pretty sure that I did not. We fought about it for a second and then she screamed until I dragged her out of the store. She continued to scream the entire way home. She's a handful, but this was a bit much and out of character. I didn't want to miss out on the sale so I called Brian and asked if he would return to the store to pick up the dress on the way home. I told him to pick the one he wanted since she was so set on her choice and I on mine (the pink one). He came home with this.... and she loved it.... and it was perfect. As soon as she woke from her nap that afternoon she assured me that she wanted the pink one. But again, this one was perfect. I'm happy Brian was able to make the selection and do such a great job at that.
She's growing so fast it's hard to keep up sometimes. I often find myself gazing at her wondering when this little woman replaced my baby girl. She's defiant and independent and hard headed and strong willed. She's everything I could ever hope for in a child, even if she's so like me it drives me batty at times.
This was our first Christmas in our new home, with our new family. It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment