Thursday, December 23, 2010

Oh Christmas tree oh Christmas tree

My parents joined us this year in cutting down our very first Christmas tree. It's our family tradition and I have such fond memories of doing so. There was a lot of snow resulting in tons of stuck trucks, but due to our expert driver, we managed to make it home with 2 trees.
The snow was up to Xiana's waist so she pretty much got carried the whole time.
Even by those carrying saws like her uncle Garrett.
We didn't have to scout for long before Brian came across this tree. Many years it's been like the Griswald Christmas circling the entire forest only to return to the first tree spotted, but Brian was pretty good about finding one and my mom threatened my dad with bodily harm at selecting and cutting a tree.
Here we are with our tree. Perhaps due to all the firewood chopping this year, this tree seemed awfully small. Brian assured me it was big enough and he was right. He even had to trim it significantly to fit it in the living room.
My parents were getting rid of all their old decorations this year so we had something of an eclectic tree, but.... we didn't have to go out and buy a bunch of ornaments due to our lack. It's pretty pathetic that we are both in our 30's and don't own any Christmas decorations but.... I'm sure we'll make up for lost time. Thanks to a girl in our ward and my parents, I already had to take some decor to goodwill!
Brian put lights on the tree while I was at work and when I came home Xiana said, "come see what daddy did... it's gonna be beautiful!!!!!" And it was! Not bad for a first Christmas tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment