Tuesday, August 3, 2010

B-Town (I'm getting down the lingo)

Over the course of the years, my blog will probably have a lot of pictures of Battle Mountain so I may as well start referring to it like the natives:) Again, this weekend was a welcomed experience to take time off and get a little break. I truly love how Brian's custody arrangement forces us to regularly spend time with one another and relax, especially now that we have a trillion house projects. This weekend Ali brought her boyfriend Malu down to meet the fam for the first time so we came too... mainly because we like him and wanted to show our support, but also because we wanted to have some fun! You already know what happened to my car en route, here is the rest of the story.... We went to the shooting range where Brian shot his muzzle loader to get ready for his hunt in September and the girls entertained themselves quite nicely.
Then we went to Miller pit. Prior to leaving everybody was telling us horror stories about cow poop, dead animals, cesspools, snapping turtles and any other frightening thing you might imagine in an old mining pit. Malu and I were starting to have second thoughts. When we arrived we were blissfully surprised....
The water was clean, perfect temperature, and the cliff was a great height.
Although it still took me a moment to muster up the courage to jump off, once I did, it was on! After my final jump I swam across to the other side where we could let the kids in. It was a good thing too because Xiana was complaining that she wanted to swim enough that we ran the risk of her jumping off this cliff as well. This is a great shot of the boys jumping off. The girl's jump is on Ali's camera... I was really nervous and then I realized that Dawnette and Ali were going too. It made it so much easier. Like life, strength in numbers always helps!
There's our splash and a blurry picture of my next jump.
Brian was hogging the baby as usual :)
Then the kids got to swim and LOVED it.
I think it's safe to say that everybody had a wonderful time. It was a great place with great company and great fun. I know I've said this a lot, but Ekco is such a fish and she LOVES mermaids so everywhere we go she points out the perfect spots for a mermaid. Then she swims and swims and swims. I think she might be part mermaid.
My mother-in-law had the right idea.
Though the kids couldn't jump off the big cliff, we did find a place manageable for their little limbs. Hunter jumped again and again.
And Xiana was ready to go. Brian was helping her balance and she kept jumping and jumping, fearlessly ready to be in the water. Then, as usual, she demanded that everybody watch as she "swim all by myself!"
Hunter is also fearless!
Great shot of Ali about to hit.
The girls rocking their boat. For the second time in its life this little boat tried to escape. I swam after it for a while, but the more I swam, the larger the gap between us. I finally gave up and swam back to shore and the boys walked around and got it. Then Eric dropped it over the edge and Xiana was concerned that he had lost it. he jumped in after it and swam back. When he reached the shore Xiana screamed to the top of her lungs, "Eric got my boat for me!" That boat was the best 2 dollars I ever spent.
Ali and Malu about to hit the water.
That evening Brian picked raspberries with the kids. I don't think any made it in the house, but they certainly enjoyed them. Earlier Hunter picked a bunch and brought them in for everybody to share. He is a very thoughtful and generous boy. He's eager to do things for others and always shares his things. I love visiting B-town and the relationships that our visits foster with our family. Xiana hit the cousin jackpot when I met Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment