Thursday, March 26, 2009

Baby Einstein

Whoever invented Baby Einstein videos was a genius, seriously! They must be the lowest budget films in the history of film, yet they cost $18 per video and are worth every penny. Last week I really needed to get some studying done and there simply wasn't enough hours in the day. One evening, Xiana pointed to the t.v. and said, "watch." I was extremely surprised considering she scarcely notices when I turn on cartoons, Sesame Street, whatever. Her Baby Einstein First Signs DVD was already in the machine so I hit play. Then Awwwwwww (choir of angels) she sat and watched the video for 20 whole minutes. This is the same child that won't even ride on her scooter for 20 whole minutes. I read Faulkner which was the FIRST book I have been able to read with her awake in the room since the day she was born. It was amazing! So, instead of utilizing that time like a responsible student, I rushed to my computer and bought 6 more off Amazon. I have to say, they are all impressive. She dances with the puppets, sings with the animals, mimics every word, sign, and action they produce. It is incredible. The only problem is.... after 5 days of watching one 20 minute video per day, she was hooked! It only took one week to create a monster. Suddenly if we were home (which isn't very often) she was crying and begging to "watch." This week she watched one video, one day, when I had to get her dinner made and she was holding on to my leg crying and pleading to be picked up. "Do you want to watch a movie?" I asked. "Yes!" she emphatically exclaimed. And all was well. Dinner was on the table, dishes were already done, and we had a nice relaxing night. So here's to you marketing geniuses who created this reality t.v. for children under the age of 2. I tip my hat to you and your recordings of toys pulled by strings and pictures drawn by children. I'm sure you are rolling in the dough all because you decided to make videos with music, puppets, and 10 word scripts....pure genius!


Yes folks, she is standing directly in front of the t.v. holding on to the stand to get as close as possible to her beloved show.


Chillin' in her new chair we had to go out and buy so as not to be outdone by our friends.

Here she is utterly engrossed

5 comments:

  1. She is straight chillin' in the chair ....loves it!! miss you boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...this is Sarah though it says Misti...it came under my work email. woops

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you clarified! I was confused :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Henry goes, "There's Xiana wearing her jammies!"

    She's of course, a doll. YAY for the blog. I was wondering if you'd gotten it done last night.

    ReplyDelete