Sunday, February 12, 2017

Xiana Lee

This girl started 3rd grade this year!!!!! How can that be?! I seriously never would have believed how fast time flies with kids!! She is such a good girl. Everyone I encounter comments on how good Xiana is.  She certainly didn't get that from me! But I'm so grateful she is so good.

  • Argenta had some night terrors about snakes in her bed, and it was awful. She was inconsolable, and nobody in the house slept for a week due to her staying power. Finally, Xiana asked if she could sleep in her bed with her, then on the floor in her room. Two months later, she's still there. It is so kind of her to be willing. I feel kind of bad, like I should work to put an end to it, but she insists she likes it in there.  It's very kind of her.
  • I got a text from on of the moms in my carpool saying how thankful she was for Xiana waiting for her little girl every day, walking her to her class, and picking her up afterwards.  Such a sweet tribute!
  • In her primary lesson one week, her teacher was asking what they could do for service. One of the kids said they could do their chores. Another kid complained that he hates doing chores.  Xiana said, "my mom said there's a study that proves kids who do chores are happy adults, and kids who don't do chores are unhappy adults." hahaha I guess she's listening.
  • She's reached the age of inventing random concoctions with food in the microwave and baking. She makes all her own lunches, she picks out all her clothes (sometimes to my dismay), and she's becoming more and more a young woman every day.  My only complaint is that she and Kolton fight nonstop... but we're working on it.  Other than that, she truly is an angel.  She loves people, she's kind, she's helpful, she's smart, she's beautiful.  She's spiritual, she's brave, she's assertive, she's a remarkable human.











No comments:

Post a Comment