Thursday, July 30, 2015

Memorial Day

Another Memorial Day has come and gone since our sweet dad left this earth. It's hard to imagine at times. And yet, I can see that time truly does heal.  For the year after his death, it was hard for me not to feel robbed.  Every interaction I had or event in my life I felt indignant that he wasn't there... that he was taken from me before said event.  Yet, just the other day I found myself thinking in terms of, back-when-dad-was-still-supposed-to-be-here.  I'm not sure when my thinking shifted, but there is a definite change in my feelings of where he is supposed to be. But that doesn't change how much I miss him.




For the day, we went with the Andelins and Mark and his kids on a hike and picnic.  As we hiked, there was torrential downpour and we all got soaked! We made a make-shift lean-to out of the wood left where we parked and managed to eat our picnic nevertheless. It was a lot of fun!  Then we collected tons of copper rocks and went home to have a BBQ with family and the Hofmanns.   It was a fun-filled day!






































No comments:

Post a Comment