Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Kolton James Andersen

On the day of his birthday, he got donuts for breakfast with a candle.  Then, we went back to the museum, this time with his best friend Jacob. We had our family party that night where he was characteristically spoiled rotten.  It was a wonderful day.  It sure is hard to wrap my mind around the four years that he's been in our family.  He is full force ahead in all he does.  He gives me a run for my money, but I wouldn't have it any other way. He's high energy, passionate, stubborn, and sweet.  He's fueled by a high octane mix of intensity and adventurousness.  He measures himself by how big and strong he is. I am trying to teach him that his value goes so far beyond his physical stature.  I think that's a challenging concept for a young boy, but he's getting it. We recently watched the new Disney movie, "Inside Out." In it, the characters are feelings inside the young girl's brain.  When the character, Joy, was introduced, Kolton leaned over to me and whispered, "hey, I have one of those!" Indeed my sweet joyous boy, you do! Happy 4th birthday to my absolute favorite son on earth.












No comments:

Post a Comment