Wednesday, April 4, 2012

That's what little boys are made of made of

I remember waging WWIII on Xiana when she would throw her food on the floor.  And when she was a baby I would lose it if she dared eat without a full shirt bib.  I hated stains on her adorable clothes, and to this day can't stand when she's fresh out of the bath doing somersaults in, what I can only deem an effort to frow up her hair!  And yet, with this little guy... the world is a different place.  I'm so much less invested in his clothes.  His hair?  Well, that doesn't seem to be a problem.  He doesn't get in trouble for pulling his bows out of his hair.  Nor does he get reprimanded for ripping his bib off.... every. single. meal.  No, life is a different experience when you're a boy.  I am very aware of the complete and utter hypocritical unfairness of it all.  Truly, I am.  But when I put him in his chair to eat, I assume I will be changing him from what might be irreparable stains.  And yet, I don't get anxiety or start counting.  If Xiana dares to lay her wet head down before church, the veins start popping.  Poor Xiana, apparently sacrifices for vanity's sake start young in the life of a little girl.  But.... this is what little boys are made of.  And while he is also my second (which I'm told forces all parents to chill out a bit and choose their battles) his mess cannot be contained.  Even on Xiana's first birthday she was too dainty to smash her smash cake.  This little guy?  He has no reservations and makes no apologies for making giant messes everywhere he goes.  He leaves no box unturned, no shelf un-shelved, and no basket un-emptied.  He is a walking breathing tornado.  And yet, he is still so dang cute! 
And brother can get down on a cookie....
Poor Xiana didn't even get to try chocolate until her first birthday, but Kolton is a connoisseur of chocolate fountains at the ripe age of 10 months. 
Oh the unfairness of it all.. the gender role enforcement, the absolute sexism of this world!  I can't argue... that's what little boys are made of! 

No comments:

Post a Comment