Monday, April 9, 2012

Alicia's shower

After many hardships, much anticipation, and struggling to get there, my dear friend Alicia found herself pregnant with a viable pregnancy.  She is beside herself with joy, and concern, and stress, and finally, on bed rest.  However, we already had her shower planned and got the go-to from the doctor.  As long as she stayed reclined for the duration... which she did.  It was a great success and, despite my chocolate fountain breaking right before it started, went swimmingly. 
I had to take pictures of the beautiful and delicious food.
I've been dieting so much that I might have gone a little overboard on this free-for-all binge... it might have also continued for a few more weeks :)
Alicia in her throne.
Thank heavens April co-hosted the shower... I have very little creative ability, but April rocked the decorations like nobody's business.
I'm glad it was so successful because this will be Alicia's last, and her first was born at 24 weeks... prior to a shower... so technically this is also her first. 
We gave awesome prizes for the games!
And Xiana and Tristin played without a single fight for 6 continuous hours!

I had to get a picture of this.  This was my vantage point through all of gift opening.  Very very wonderful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment