Sunday, September 11, 2011

Keeping Cool

This wasn't a particularly hot summer, but it was still a bit challenging to keep cool with a new baby. I felt like the early part of the summer was spent in the shade, or in the sun with the baby under a blanket for shade=not very cool for mama. By early August we thought Kolton was big enough for a little pool time so I took him in. He promptly fell asleep on my shoulder. Xiana used to do that all the time. It's funny because he doesn't love baths the way Xiana did so I anticipated some crying, perhaps even screaming when he hit the water. In fact, it was the opposite. He was so calm and relaxed. Like I said, he fell asleep. The bounce of the water must be soothing. I walked around with him for a bit and then handed him off to daddy so that I could actually go under the water.
This was a fun birthday party for the daughter of one of Brian's friends. It was at Red Hawk which was really nice. The kids had a blast playing in the water and then eating cake.
Later in the week I had Kylee. Xiana and Kylee do much better when there is some form of entertainment. Otherwise they tend to get in trouble so... we went to the fountains where they promptly made a new friend.
I wish I had gotten a picture of it, but Xiana braved the center of the fountains and walked right through. (I may or may not have double dared her to do so).

No comments:

Post a Comment