Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dinners

Dinners were a pretty serious event around here. Mom and Dad set up many tables outside in order to accommodate all of the family. Without and persuasion, the boys sat at one table, the girls at another, and the adults at a third. It's interesting how we pair off even as young children. Every meal was delicious and it was so much fun to eat together as a family. Most days this was our only opportunity to get to talk to one another.
The girl table...
The boy table...
And the adult table. I'm sure there were many years where my parents and siblings feared there would only be a boy table. Our family is boy strong.
The second day trip of our reunion was Wild Waters. I didn't take many pictures, but this was a must have. My dad is WILD at water parks. He loves them. He is like a little kid on Christmas constantly going up and down the slides. This was a fun trip for me too because I actually had people (mom) there to hold the baby while I went down a slide or two. This slide, however, I opted out of because last time I got such bad whiplash. That didn't stop dad. He even went on it twice despite the fact that he looked like a crash test dummie with his head dragging behind his body. Even writing this makes me chuckle at how hysterical it was. The next slide we went on was a body slide and he had strained the muscles in his neck so dramatically that he couldn't hold his head up on the slide. He got to the bottom after me and I watched in horror as he looked like a dead fish drowning in a few inches of water... that is until he stood up laughing so hard he was crying. Then I joined in and couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the day. The image is burned into my mind. It was funny. there was a woman standing by who commented that she was considering going on that slide, but wasn't anymore!
It's hard to appreciate the angle of this slide from the pictures, but it's steep!
Brian must have really strong neck muscles because he went on this slide again and again and never once snapped his neck. He kept saying, just hold your head up....easy for him to say!
Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Because Ekco loves all things water she had an absolute blast! I fondly remember my days spent at Wild Waters when I was a 10-year-old girl. She even grew braver and went on some slides unlike last year. She is definitely growing up.
Xiana was her usual water bunny fearlessly sliding self.
She must have gone on the tube slide 100 times! She had such fun playing with Anna and Nicole and Eva, but when they refused to continue to go on the slide, she just went right on by herself.
That night for dinner Larissa utilized our garden making a cucumber salad and sauteed zucchini and squash. Another delicious meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment