Saturday, April 9, 2011

Shower

My baby shower was fabulous. It was such a fun evening and I was so grateful to all who came. It was vastly different than my showers for Xiana were. For one thing, I didn't need anything. For another, my sweet friends considered Brian and his tastes in the planning. This is not to say that it was co-ed because it wasn't, but Emily made camo table cloths. Kate made camo invitations, and we received all kinds of hunter friendly clothes. This little nameless boy is already extraordinarily spoiled. He has everything. Once again I find myself in this place where I am blessed beyond measure; where I feel so very fortunate because I am so blessed. It's remarkable to me how many people support and love us; how many friends and family members rally round and hoist us up. I am grateful. I love, too, the way that showers, weddings, and other parties of that nature are places where all your worlds collide. My friends constantly tease me because long ago I made a statement about how I couldn't wait for us all to die so that everyone I love could meet everyone else I love. I know I've mentioned this before and, while it is quite comical if you put it in those terms, the sentiment is real. I love nothing more than to see so many wonderful people from different realms of my life and world all in the same place. I love when friends hit it off, or just when others are able to see the beauty and strength in those that surround me. I love the mingling of different people from different settings and I do feel that will be much the way it is in the next life, only on a much larger scale. I imagine bringing my earthly family and friends to those I was surrounded by and loved in the pre-existence and saying things such as, "hey Ruth, you have to meet my sister... you guys are gonna love each other!" I know, it's kind of silly in a way, but I really feel this way. I really love so very many people and I love when they can all love each other too. I love being able to share this with Brian. I love having the ability to say, "isn't so-and-so amazing? and wouldn't they just love so-and-so?" But... I digress :) ... so... back to the shower. Here is one of the great new table cloths and delicious wings provided by Kate. It won't be long before I'll be known for these wings as Kate has kept me in supply for so many major events (not the least of which was my wedding). But I do love me some chicken wings.

The other table carried the chocolate fountain. A bit excessive I'm sure, but it sure was tasty. The next day I was so swollen I was a tiny bit afraid. I checked my blood pressure first thing in the morning and it was surprisingly fine. My fingers were like sausages and my ankles barely moved. A week later I told my doctor about it and she commented, "what terrible food for a baby shower." On this I will just agree to disagree... I think it was fantastic! I tried to get pictures of all my wonderful guests but only managed to get a lot of backs of heads. Tosh and Kacie might be the only two who actually cooperated when I got the camera out. Alicia did the games... when she asked Xiana how big mommy was Xiana held her arms out as far as she could. I think her ribbon went around my leg. She is trying to exaggerate it to the best of her little ability. She also did the candy bar memory game which is a clever and quick game. The truth is, when you get a group of stay at home moms out on a Friday night, all they really want to do is visit... sometimes until 1:30 in the morning. Cambria got Xiana a gift too which made her feel special. Also, Kacie bought her the big sister shirt, which I completely forgot to put on her until I was oh so gently reminded. I was completely and ridiculously spoiled by gifts. Again, already this child will want for nothing. See what I mean?! Kate cheated and measured her own belly and won the game... Alicia is completely pretending to alleviate any rumors that might begin from this picture. It was such a wonderful evening and it was so thoughtful of everyone to bring food, games, decor, and gifts. This wild little baby in my tummy says thanks to all!! And so does his mommy.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything went great! I thought about you all day on your baby shower and couldn't step out of the house. I have something for you though...it's sitting next to my bed!

    Jamee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun shower. A great turnout and lots of great gifts. He is all set! You look great by the way!

    ReplyDelete