Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Adventures

To celebrate Dad's birthday we did the usual... let him take us out to dinner. You might think I'm writing this in jest, but you're wrong. We did, indeed, let him take US out for dinner for his birthday. I know I know, it's not supposed to work that way. But if you know my dad... you understand. And if you don't... suffice it to say he is the most naturally generous man alive and finds great joy in giving. So... we ate a delicious Thai dinner and followed it with ice cream (at least they had a series of gift certificates). It was delicious and fun. Oh yeah, and it was our 3rd ice cream outing with my dad in 2 days!
On the weekend Brian and Xiana and I decided to GET OUT OF THE HOUSE! It was long overdue and much needed. The weather has been oh-so-crappy and it hasn't felt much like spring. Every time I feel the deep urge to go out in the hills it rains or snows or both. As a result, it was wonderful to go for a little drive in the mountains. Xiana immediately scrambled to collect bullet shells (her father has taught her well) and, after playing in the dirt with said shells remarked, "It's awfully good that we have bullets to play with." Touche my dear.
Brian got out the big guns... okay maybe just medium sized, but they were a lot of fun to shoot. We forgot earplugs for the first time ever thus illustrating the fingers in the ears trick.
Xiana was adamant that she get a turn and thankfully Brian brought something she could manage.
And I'm just thankful that I didn't topple over.... seriously!
Then we meandered out towards one of his co-worker's house. He has a few acres and lives out in the sticks. Xiana had a blast playing with his kids and I genuinely enjoyed great conversation with his friends and their parents. We were pretty pooped when we got home, but it was worth it. I don't know what will arrive first, spring or this little mover and shaker in my belly.

1 comment:

  1. I went shooting all the time when I was pregnant with Briggs. I brought a chair the last month-it prevents the toppling over!

    Jamee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete