Saturday, April 9, 2011

Queen of the hill!

Remember the days of tilt a whirls, teeter totters, and metal rocket ships at parks? These days are no more as some wise person decided that those were very dangerous to have at public places designed for children. Instead, the new entertainment device is the rock wall.... what?! I swear, out with the old and in with the new. I'm sure there are way less stitches and broken bones resulting from rock walls.... right? Okay, maybe not, but at least they aren't made of metal! Despite their oh-so-safe appeal, Xiana was desperate to climb. I let her... on the condition that I stood directly behind her while she did so. I never imagined she would make it all the way to the top where I could no longer reach her, but she did. I was petrified that she would get stuck up there (insert mental visual of 8 1/2 month pregnant woman climbing said rock wall to retrieve stuck and frozen child). Fortunately, she found it just as easy to get down as it was to get up. Sweet success my queen of the hill!!

No comments:

Post a Comment