Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ice Fishing

This is called an auger. You use it to dig a hole in the ice in order to put a fishing line down a frozen hole and then sleep. It is really hard to use said auger. Do not let Brian fool you into believing otherwise. After I attempted for a long time to dig my very own hole, Brian came and finished it off in a second. I did all the dirty work. Also, when a 13-yr-old digs a hole in roughly 20 seconds, look the other way and pretend you didn't see.
Did I mention that it's hard to use an auger? It takes a really long time and lots of strength.
Okay, maybe just for me, but.... I can say without a doubt that it took 100 times longer to dig the holes than Xiana spent with her fishing line in one. In fact, it's a good thing that I took a picture as soon as her line hit the water, otherwise we would not have had one.
Even more miraculous is the fact that I got a picture with both Ekco's and Xiana's lines in the water.
This is where the sleeping part comes in.
Just kidding!
Actually, maybe I wasn't... he denies it, but he really was asleep here.
This is what the kids spent the majority of the day doing: playing on the ice. They also managed to use their snow pants as sleds to slide down the banks of the lake.
Believe it or not, ice fishing was fun! Mostly I played with the kids on the ice. I think everybody around us hated us because we didn't have proper quiet fishing mode on. But, in the end it didn't matter because when the game wardens showed up we were the only ones left on the lake.
The best part was that I got a chance to catch up on some reading and Brian got to catch up with one of his old buddies. All in all it was a really great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment