Thursday, January 21, 2010

Our new home

Okay not really, but when we were out in the hills in Battle Mountain we were joking about the old remains of foundations and trailers being our new home. Xiana asked, "this our home mommy?" We found a fridge and 3 beds and convinced the girls that we were all set. We had a fabulous time exploring and the weather was beautiful (even if I did request that we head back to Reno early to beat the storm).
There were two buildings too which makes us rich homeowners. I love being in the mountains and it was really nice for the girls to get to run around and check stuff out.
We were posing on the threshold of our house.

And apparently we also inherited a tractor... we are so fortunate!

Of course now we have to get homeowners insurance to compensate for our loss after the tractor ate my soon-to-be-husband.
The girls traipsed around the foundations discovering a world of treasures along the way. Ekco was even able to point out a few animal tracks and accurately ascribe them.
The old Winnebago was a bit much but.... still neat!
There were several mining shafts and it was really interesting to pick Brian's brain about what everything was, how it was used, what the mines do now (he used to work in a mine).

Brian and his girls.... I hope he gets a boy some day :)
Sack of potatoes!
There is something so dramatic about old buildings. They evoke such a feeling of what was. To think that at one time, this was a running, working mine. Who knows the kinds of experiences that happened right here. So much life for a now lifeless building.
More exploring. The hole in the wall looks like the play boy bunny (Brian pointed this out), but he's right!
Brian found some gold specks in the mountains and helped me and the girls see them.
We also found a cave and ventured inside.


And of course, because we were in the mountains, Xiana got to drive. A trip in the mountains wouldn't be complete without it. She always tells me how she and Brian drive in the mountains and mommy drives on the streets.
They really are beautiful. I tried to take several shots to do a panorama. I think I will be able to put them together after I print them. I love how the lines of snow act as both shading and outline for all the ridges. It makes the mountains breathtaking.
This is Brian's favorite mountain in Nevada... I can see why!
I had to get a picture of Xiana and I in our matching camo (Christmas gifts from Brian).
And I also insisted on our regular Sunday picture in front of the tree. Every time we have gone to church in Battle Mountain I have insisted on a pic in front of this tree. We are getting quite the stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment