Sunday, January 31, 2016

Hunt

My deer hunt this year was a family affair.  Much like past hunts, I pretty much just read my book while Brian scouted, when he found a deer to shoot, I jumped out and took one shot, and then Brian lugged it back to the truck. It's a sweet way to hunt.  Actually, I got food poisoning the night before (not something I recommend when you're camping) and felt awful all day.  I was very fortunate to get the deer I got first thing in the morning on day one. We had a lot of tags in our party, but that enabled me to hang out at camp with Janet and the kids the rest of the week. It was incredibly hot for October, so we took a daily walk to the water hole (a place where the creek crosses the road) to cool off and quasi freshen up. The sunsets were beautiful as usual, and we enjoyed hanging out in the evenings together with Garrett, Todd, and the Hofmanns.  We slept comfortably in the Tolman's camp trailer. A girl could really get used to all this hard work.  Plus, for whatever reason, the meat on my deer is the best I've tasted!






































No comments:

Post a Comment