Thursday, April 11, 2013

Baptism and "paw caw"

The happy family! The official reason we came to California was for Ammon and Eva's baptism.  Nic and Karla asked if I would talk on the holy ghost (which they might have regretted once they discovered how rotten Kolton was!) It was a beautiful baptism (at least what I heard of it).  Kolton discovered upon walking in the door that there was a tray of brownies awaiting the guests for afterwards.  That was it in Kolton's one track mind world.  All he said for the duration of the baptism was, "brownie, brownie," over and over and over again. I had to take him out for most of it, and my dad had to take him out when I talked.  After the baptism, he managed to grab and run stuffing them into his mouth 9 whole brownies... 9!! Needless to say, he was a sick boy the following day.  He was a crazy little hooligan there.  Thankfully, there was a fenced in courtyard, so the kids ran and played for an hour or so.  It was great for the cousins to get to be crazy together.

Later that night, Nic played with the boys while the girls became cheerleaders.

The following day, I opted not to battle Kolton during Spanish speaking church and took him to the park instead. It was nice and relaxing.  He played and I sat.  It was Saint Patrick's Day, so the grand finale was corned beef and cabbage.  It was really hysterical at the park in this ritzy neighborhood.  A woman heard Kolton speaking and asked, "what's his second language?"  I told her that he spook all kinds of languages but none that I was teaching him.  It was awfully pretentious, but fun nevertheless! Kolton was obsessed with the "paw (park) and caw (car)."  Xiana enjoyed pushing him in the car, but most of all, she loved being with Eva.












No comments:

Post a Comment