Sunday, December 4, 2011

Give Thanks

Well, I must be doing better because instead of this post being a month out... it's only a few weeks! See, Thanksgiving in December means Christmas in January...I can hang with that. Like I said earlier, Brian went on his brother's elk hunt and abandoned his family for Thanksgiving.  Fortunately, we had a wonderful time nevertheless... but we did miss him!  We went to my parent's house and mom, as usual, out did herself.  I brought a few little things, but we had quite the spread.  It honestly won't bother me even a little bit if I never have to tackle Thanksgiving solo.  I have no interest in cooking a turkey or making the spread.  I'm grateful for my mom and mother-in-law.  I hope we can attend with them every year!  Speaking of table... I didn't get a picture, but it was beautiful.  My parents, us, Garrett and two of his friends, and my sister-in-law all sat around the beautiful feast.  We ate until we were so stuffed we thought we would die and then devoured six different types of homemade pies... delicious.
Of course dad needed to work off some of his meal.  In the morning we watched the parade which was quite reminiscent of Xiana's second Thanksgiving where she squealed with delight at the floats and balloons on the screen.  Kolton got to eat on his first Thanksgiving.  Let me tell you, he loved it.  He ate turkey and tators and his weight in candied yams, and pie (okay whipped cream mostly, but a bit of pie) and then finished off with a spoon for entertainment.  He not only ate like crazy, but he was very kind to let me eat also. 
I have much to be thankful for.  Like others, the list is endless.  This year, I am especially thankful for my little family.  I'm thankful for my wonderful husband, Brian, for our kids Ekco, Xiana, and Kolton.  What a wonderful addition each member is to our family.  How important they all are.  The each serve their own purpose and fit our family perfectly.  I'm also extraordinarily grateful for my parents.  They do so much for us.  They spend so much time with us.  I'm grateful that I get to live here in Sparks... where I always planned on living. I'm also thankful for my siblings, my in-laws, and my friends. 
I'm thankful for our home, wood burning stove, cars, truck, electronics, washer, dryer, dishwasher, vacuum, and so many other material goods that make life easier and more convenient.
I'm thankful for our jobs, the gospel, warm clothes, computers, books, cameras, lights, doctors, modern medicine, freedom, and happiness.  But most of all, I'm grateful for my Savior without whom there would be nothing for me to be grateful for.  I hope that I can give more gratitude daily, live in a way that doesn't condone resentment, but rather fulfillment, and always always always give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment