Thursday, January 20, 2011

Preschool!

So... I am doing a co-op preschool with some other moms as I have afore mentioned. January was my month to be teacher and oh how Xiana loved to be the teacher's helper. Before the rest of the girls arrived she kept telling me, "and I will sit with you and be the teacher's helper, etc." It was awfully cute. We did string puzzles...
And then had free time. And I must say, I am mighty impressed with this group as free time (as in free un-structured do whatever you want play) consisted of them getting instruments and forming a band... pretty structured right? I swear I didn't coach them in the least!
And making animal sounds and walking like specific animals... again, no coaching!
We were working on colors this week so I made pudding and then we dyed it various colors to talk about what mixed with what makes what. Then... we used it as finger paint and it was delightful!
And tasty!
Then more free time... this go around they decided on ring around the roses and motor boat. I'm telling you people... these girls are natural born leaders! It was such fun to have them at my house. It's really exciting to see their little brains going. They are so smart and excited and eager to learn. Every time I would turn off the music and have them sit for a lesson portion they were attentive and quiet. They answered all the questions and especially loved doing fairy tale stories on felt boards. I feel so blessed that I am able to participate in this co-op despite the fact that I work outside the home. It is a rare pleasure that so many working moms don't get to enjoy. I'm thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment