Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas

Christmas morning was luxurious. Brian made scones and my parents brought over bagels and lockes (sp?). It was quite the spread and I was sufficiently STUFFED. (perhaps more than the doctor ordered as I gained my first weight this month of my pregnancy.. 10 whole lbs!) It was so delicious though and it was Brian's first time making scones and was quite successful. It was also really nice to wake up in our own house, go through our stockings, and veg out for the entire day. The only thing missing was Ekco, but we got her the following day which at least made it livable.
He's a good chef, but he's a messy one. I think he managed to get dough and flour on every surface of the entire kitchen, much the way he got tomatoes on every surface when he developed his home made spaghetti sauce recipe.
One of Xiana's favorite gifts was the cooking utensils and apron from Grandma and Grandpa Andersen. She played with them for hours and didn't even need to make the accompanying sugar cookies.
Our first Christmas as a family, in our first house, with our first tree. Aww the joy of firsts.
Xiana asked for tools. Partially I think because her cousin is obsessed with them, but also because her daddy is always working on one project or another with tools and she likes to follow him around and pretend to be fixing things herself.
She also got her first barbie ( a butterfly one, what can I say? I'm a succor!)
The gift she requested from Santa was a Dora backpack that sings and has all the accessories. She was thrilled. We got busted buying this as there were only two left on our shopping trip and she was with us. I nonchalantly got it and went to secretly put it in the cart when it started singing. It was something of a disaster.
She has really enjoyed playing with all her Polly pockets. I'm glad she's at an age to enjoy them, but they sure are messy!
Her apron is priceless.
She loves to perform.
It was great to have mom and dad and Garrett open gifts at our house. I think it was easier for them to bring Christmas to us than vice versa. It's truly a blessing to live so near both of our families.
The next day Ecko arrived and opened all of her gifts. She quickly directed Xiana in opening every single item and playing with it. Here they are dancing to a nifty recording device that puts them on the tv screen.
Ecko got a karaoke machine and watching both girls sing songs was more than heart warming. It was absolutely entertaining. Xiana belted into the microphone and really hammed it up and Ecko sang beautifully and so much like a grown up. It was fabulous.
Ekco really wanted a blizzard maker so Brian was going to get her a blender. Fortunately, at Toys R Us we were educated on what a blizzard maker is.
She also got some much needed new clothes. It was a wonderful Christmas. Brian spoiled me absolutely rotten getting me, not only the i-phone, but the kindle as well. Also, we bought each other GPS-es which resulted with me owing him 5 back massages due to a lost bet.
We are so blesssed and it was a fortunate year. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful family and know that the spirit of Christmas was truly in our home. It makes me shiver with joy to see how knowledgeable about the birth of Christ our girls are.

No comments:

Post a Comment