Friday, June 19, 2009

The Awesome-ness of Wild Waters

As many of you know, Xiana is a water baby! She. loves. the. water. Apparently she followed my strict orders when she exited the womb and I told her that I didn't care what her favorite color was, or her vocation in life... all that I required of her childhood was that she love the water. She listened. I have a certified water loving child on my hands. So, she has not gone swimming or to fountains in 3 weeks which in baby time is pretty much the whole summer. And the poor baby has suffered! Believe me, I feel her pain. While her mama was gallivanting around Cancun she was pool-less and fountain-less. Today I had plans to go to Wild Waters with friends at 11. The problem is that Xiana eats lunch at 11 and goes down for a nap at 12. My solution to the problem was to make her nap at 10 and give her lunch on the way. Of course deep down I really knew that this was an impossible plan, but.... Kacie just bought her the most beautiful swimming suit so in an effort to get everything ready prior to putting her down so that we could jet out of the place, I tried on said swimsuit to see if it fit. Big mistake!

(But it did fit and who could resist? I have it on good authority that she had the cutest suit in the whole park!)
The next 30 minutes were filled with cries of "wa wa, pool, swimming, suit" I tried to explain to her that she needed to nap first, but she was desperate. I think she thought I was going to try to go without her while she slept because when I put her in her bed she screamed. So, I rocked her to sleep...for about 15 minutes. I decided that would suffice for a while and grabbed her some food. I put my suit on while she was in her crib but decided to put hers on at the pool. When she saw my suit and not hers, she panicked. She grabbed at my suit saying, "my suit, no clothes!" terrified that I was going to leave her out of the deliciousness of Wild Waters. I soothed her explaining that I would put her suit on at the pool which she understood. I then told her she needed to eat her meat first so she shoved all three pieces in her mouth and said, "all done." This was enough torture so off we went. She. loved. it. so. much. The kiddie pool is awesome! Seriously, we went down the slides over and over and over again (motivated by her constant use of the word more) and I took her in the wave pool. Honestly, I didn't know I could have so much fun there and not leave the kiddie pool. Then the wind kicked up and it was cold every time you got out of the water (which was often because of the slides) so I decided to pack it up and go back tomorrow. Her lips were BLUE. Her teeth were chattering. She kept saying, "cold", yet I had to drag her screaming from the pool promising her that we would come again tomorrow...this time after nap:) The instant we got in the car she fell asleep and that was her nap. I'm so proud of my little water baby. I feel like I have fought hard for water my whole life and never taken no for an answer. Way to go Xiana, keep up the good work!


You can't actually see the top, but these slides snake around just like normal slides, but on a miniature scale

There are also 2 slides in the water that are a lot of fun. I'm sure I'll be posting pics of them at some point this summer :)

No but really, isn't this suit so cute?!

And finally, her awesome hairdo for church a few weeks ago. 4 ponies!

Here she is on her sit and spin which she has now graduated to operating solo. She is just so smart (even if I am partial)

2 comments:

  1. She is too cute. I love the yellow polka dot bikini, although now I'll be singing that song to myself for weeks! I miss you guys, but it's great to see you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bikini is to die for, and I swear she looks bigger, she's grown! Tell her to stop that. :)

    ReplyDelete