Monday, April 24, 2017

Uncle Wes and Aunt Myrna

Because of the longer stay for Uncle Wes and Aunt Myrna, Larissa got to come up and visit too!! It was wonderful with evenings spent using Uncle Wes like a jungle gym (exactly the way it would be if my dad were still alive), going through boxes of sentimental items like crocheted shawls made by my grandma Cunningham, and even swimming at the Cherpeski's house. We had the kind of visit that makes me wish I could freeze time and live in these moments forever.  Of course I realize that means preventing future adventures. It truly was wonderful. We visited around the dinner table and heard wonderful stories about my parents and grandparents.  We played at the park for hours and hours. The kids had cousins to run around with.  And mom was happier than I've seen her in a long time. It was excellent.














No comments:

Post a Comment