Thursday, November 19, 2015

Museum in August

I tried to go to the museum as much as possible over summer break so that Xiana could get her fill. I take the little kids often, but Xiana is typically in school when we go.  It's hard because the lure of the lake and river beckons so loudly, that I often resist the urge to go to Discoveries. I'm so grateful that we have this resource in our community.  I watch as my children's minds are literally expanded right before my eyes. They are so inquisitive and immediately create, develop, and explore. Even Argenta begins to understand more fully the way to do a puzzle, to build with blocks. This visit she was thrilled with her ability to put screws in the holes of the construction equipment. It kept her occupied for almost an hour!! And Xiana, ever my little artist wants to be in the Picasso room more than anywhere else.  Kolton's current favorite is the bridge building... I think because he gets to use real tools. It's magnificent to have in our midst.



























No comments:

Post a Comment