Thursday, November 20, 2014

Ears pierced

A few days before the start of first grade, Xiana decided she was brave enough to get her ears pierced.  She also lost her first tooth!  When I was a kid, my parents had a rule that I had to wait until my 12th birthday to get pierced.  I hated that rule and always knew I'd have nothing of the sort. Still, I didn't want to pierce her baby ears because I wanted it to be her choice and something she'd remember.  I never imagined that she would be afraid of getting her ears pierced!!  It took a little persuasion for a lot of years, but she finally did it! I love how they look!  I promise, it wasn't as dramatic as the pictures indicate.  We went to dinner together afterwards, just the girls, and it was an exciting right of passage! (Now if only I could get her to let me change her earrings... it's been a while!)





No comments:

Post a Comment